Sun Joe Aj801E 12-Amp 13-Inch Electric Dethatcher And Scarifier W/Removeable 8-Gallon Collection Bag, 5-Position Height Adjustment, Airboost Technology Increases Lawn Health, 13 Inch, Green
- Questions Text 563563 To Chat Directly With A Sun Joe Expert
- Powerful 12-Amp Motor Rakes A 13 Wide Path To Get Your Job Done Faster
- Adjustable Deck Tailor Raking Depth With 5-Position Depth Control
- Scarified Use The Scarified Function To Cut Grass Roots For Thicker Growth Healthier Lawns
- Air Boost Technology Spring Steel Tines For Maximum Thatch Pickup
- Included Detachable Thatch Collection Bag For Easy Disposal
Looking to keep your lawn looking great? Look no further than the Sun Joe AJ801E 12-Amp 13-Inch Electric Dethatcher and Scarifier! This powerful machine rakes a 13″ wide path to get the job done faster, and can be adjusted to different depths to get the perfect level of scarification. Plus, the airboost technology increases lawn health, and the included detachable thatch collection bag makes disposal easy. So don’t wait any longer, order your Sun Joe AJ801E 12-Amp 13-Inch Electric Dethatcher and Scarifier today!
Greenworks 14-Inch 10 Amp Corded Dethatcher 27022, Green
- Robust 10 Amp Motor
- 14-Inch Dethatching Path Gets Your Work Done Faster
- 3-Position Tine Depth Adjustment Provides Greater Control By Removing Matted Layers To Promote Lawn Health
- Stainless Steel Tines Stay Sharp Longer For Reliable Performance
- Ergonomic Padded Grip And Adjustable Handle For User Comfort
Looking for a dethatching tool that is fast, efficient, and reliable? Look no further than the Greenworks 14-Inch 10 Amp Corded Dethatcher 27022! This tool has a 10 amp motor that is robust and can get your work done quickly. It also has a 3-position tine depth adjustment that provides greater control over removing matted layers to promote lawn health. The stainless steel tines stay sharp longer for reliable performance, and the ergonomic, padded grip and adjustable handle make it comfortable for users.
Agri-Fab 40-Inch Tine Tow Dethatcher 45-0294,Black
- Tine De-Thatcher Uproots Dead Matted Grass And Dislodges Hard-Packed Dirt For Planting
- Twenty Durable Spring Tines For Easy Thatch Removal; Penetrates And Turns Up Dried Grass Weeds And Soil In 40-Inch Wide Swathes
- Rust-Proof And Replaceable Spring-Loaded Tines Are Heat-Treated For Greater Durability
- Transport Handle For Easy Raising And Lowering Of The Tines
- Made In Usa
- Tine De-Thatcher Uproots Dead Matted Grass And Dislodges Hard-Packed Dirt For Planting
- Penetrates And Turns Up Dried Grass Weeds And Soil In 40-Inch Wide Swathes
- Rust-Proof And Replaceable Spring-Loaded Tines Are Heat-Treated For Greater Durability
- 2 7-Inch Diameter Semi-Pneumatic Wheels With A Width Of 1-1/2 Inches Traverse Most Any Terrain
- 3 Year Limited Caonsumer Warranty; Made In Usa With Some Imported Materials
Looking to get your lawn looking its best before the summer heat sets in? Look no further than the Agri-Fab 40-Inch Tine Tow Dethatcher! This tool is perfect for removing dried grass, weeds, and soil, making it an essential tool for anyone looking to get their lawn looking its best before the summer heat sets in. The tine de-thatcher also features durable spring-loaded tines that penetrate and turn up dried grass, weeds, and soil in 40-inch wide swathes, making it an easy task to get your lawn looking its best. Additionally, the transport handle makes it easy to raise and lower the tines, while the 2 7-inch diameter semi-pneumatic wheels make it easy to traverse most any terrain.
Sun Joe Aj801E-Rm Electric Lawn Dethatcher W/Collection Bag | 13 In. | 12 Amp | Scarifier (Renewed)
- Keep Your Lawn Happy And Healthy By Raking Into Its Dense Thatch Layer So Your Grass Can Grow Deeper And Thicker
- Electric-Powered Dethatcher Starts Instantly And Lets You Work Smarter Not Harder
- Features A 13-Inch-Wide Raking Path And A 12-Amp Motor
- Adjust The Depth Of The Tines In 5 Positions Between 0.4 Inches Blow The Soil And 0.4 Inches Above The Soil
- Comes With A Detachable 8-Gallon Collection Bag So You Can Easily Dispose Of Clippings
Looking to keep your lawn healthy and happy? Look no further than the Sun Joe AJ801E-RM electric lawn dethatcher! This machine has a 13-inch-wide raking path and a 12-amp motor that makes it easy to work smarter, not harder. Plus, it has adjustable depth tines in 5 positions to get into the dense thatch layer, and comes with a detachable, 8-gallon collection bag for easy disposal of clippings. So don’t wait any longer, order your Sun Joe AJ801E-RM electric lawn dethatcher today!
Agri-Fab 45-0343 Tine Dethatcher For All Tow Lawn Sweepers
- Gently And Effectively Lifts Matted Thatch For A Healthier Lawn.
- Attaches Quickly To Agri-Fab Lawn Sweeper For Instant Pickup Of Removed Thatch.
- 14 Heat-Treated Spring Tines Provide Durability.
- It Fits Agri-Fab Sweeper Models 45-0337 45-0331 45-0320 And 45-0326.
- 3 Year Limited Consumer Warranty
Looking to get your lawn sweeper back in tip-top shape? Agri-Fab has the perfect solution – their 45-0343 Tine Dethatcher! This tool removes matted thatch quickly and easily, and it attaches quickly to your Agri-Fab lawn sweeper for instant pickup. Plus, the 14 heat-treated spring tines provide durability – so you can keep your lawn looking great for years to come.
Worx Wg850 12 Amp 14 Inch Corded Electric Dethatcher, Black
- [3 Depth Adjustments] Set The Dethatcher To -9Mm -3Mm Or +3Mm. Some Lawns Need Deeper Dethatching Some Just Need To Be Managed
- [Easy To Store] The Handle Folds Down So You Can Throw It In The Corner Of The Garage Or The Trunk
- [Lock-Off Switch] Stop Quickly When You Need To. The Lock-Off Switch Also Keeps Things Safe And Power Efficient
- [Collection Bag] This Keeps You From Blowing Dead Grass Shoots Stems And Roots All Over Your Feet And Your Yard
- [Do It Yourself. Do It Better. Do It With Worx.] Worx Tools Are Engineered With Cutting-Edge Technology And Above Modern Efficiency Standards So You Can Build A Cost-Effective Tool Collection That’S Been Designed To Last
- [Specs] 3500 Rpm No-Load Speed 14” Cutting Width 0.9 Bushels Of Collection Capacity And 18.6 Lbs.
- [Includes] 14” 12A Electric Dethatcher 0.9 Bushel Collection Bag
The WORX WG850 12 Amp 14 Inch Corded Electric Dethatcher is perfect for managing lawns with deeper dethatching needs. With the easy-to-use lock-off switch and fold-down handle, this tool is easy to store and transport. The collection bag keeps debris from blowing all over your yard, and the no-load speed ensures efficient use.
Maxpower 330100 16″ Universal Power Rake/Dethatcher Lawn Mower Blade, Black
- Positive Item 1
- Positive Item 2
- Negative Item 1
- Negative Item 2
Introducing the Maxpower 330100 16″ Universal Power Rake/Dethatcher Lawn Mower Blade! This blade is made to meet or exceed all OEM specifications, and is perfect for removing debris and cutting through grass. It also includes a cover washer and 6 reducing washers in the following sizes: 3/8 in., 7/16 in., 9/16 in., 1/2 in., 5/8 in., and 3/16 in. This blade is manufactured in the USA, and is a great addition to your lawn care arsenal.
Apollosmart 2 In 1 Walk Behind Scarifier, Lawn Dethatcher Raker Cordless Electric 40V 2Ah 14.2-Inch Rake Path With Collection Bag For Yard, Lawn, Garden Care, Landscaping
- Performance Specs – This 2-In-1 Scarifing Raking And Lawn Dethatcher Is Powered By An All Electric Motor With Two 20V 2Ah Rechargeable Batteries; Use The Scarified Function To Cut Grass Roots For Thicker Growth For A Healthier Lawn; Designed With A Adjustable Deck For Tailored Raking Depth Up To 14.2 Inches Wide With The 5-Position Depth Control Mechanism
- Built To Last – Lightweight Ergonomic And Balanced Design Will Help You Move Freely With Professional Quality And Maximum Control/Comfort; Our Air Boost Technology With Spring Steel Tines For Maximum Thatch Pickup And Life The Endurance; Included Is A Detachable Thatch Collection Bag For Easy Disposal
- Eco-Friendly – (Green And Safe) Unlike Gasoline-Powered Devices Electric-Powered Units Produce No Smog/Fumes/Emissions And Are Both Gas And Exhaust Free While Being Quieter When Compared To Gas Powered Units
- Excellent Power Source – Our System Utilizes A 40V 2Ah Battery To Power Our All Electric Scarifier/Lawn Dethatcher; This Unit Will Greatly Amplify Your Freedom We Assure That Each Battery Is Lighter More Powerful And Lasts Longer
- Safety – Always Operate The Product With Eye And Hand Protection. This Is Electric Powered Scarifiing Raking And Dethatcher Does Not Require Fuel To Operate; Best Applications – Outdoor Use For Gardening Lawn Care/Light Mowing Grass Raking Waste Green Management And Landscaping
ApolloSmart 2-in-1 Walk Behind Scarifier, Lawn Dethatcher is perfect for all your yard, lawn and garden care needs! This electric-powered unit is powered by an all-electric motor and has two 20V 2Ah rechargeable batteries for a longer runtime. The Scarified function cuts grass roots for thicker growth for a healthier lawn and the adjustable deck allows for tailored raking depth up to 14.2 inches wide. The Air boost technology with spring steel tines for maximum thatch pickup and life is included, as is a detachable thatch collection bag for easy disposal.
Superhandy 2 In 1 Walk Behind Scarifier, Lawn Dethatcher Raker Corded Electric 120V 12-Amp 15-Inch Rake Path With Collection Bag For Yard, Lawn, Garden Care, Landscaping
- Performance Specs – This 2-In-1 Scarifing Raking And Lawn Dethatcher Is Powered By A 120V 12-Amp All Electric Motor; Designed With A Adjustable Deck For Tailored Raking Depth With The 5-Position Depth Control Mechanism And A Rake Path Of 15 Wide
- Built To Last – Lightweight Ergonomic And Balanced Design Will Help You Move Freely With Professional Quality And Maximum Control/Comfort; Our Air Boost Technology With Spring Steel Tines For Maximum Thatch Pickup And Life The Endurance
- Eco-Friendly – (Green And Safe) Unlike Gasoline-Powered Devices Electric-Powered Units Produce No Smog/Fumes/Emissions And Are Both Gas And Exhaust Free While Being Quieter When Compared To Gas Powered Units; Included Is A Detachable Thatch Collection Bag For Easy Disposal
- Safety – Always Operate The Product With Eye And Hand Protection. This Is Electric Powered Scarifiing Raking And Dethatcher Does Not Require Fuel To Operate; Included Is A Cord Lock To Prevent Accidental Unplug
- Best Applications – Outdoor Use For Gardening Lawn Care/Light Mowing Grass Raking Waste Green Management And Landscaping; Use The Scarified Function To Cut Grass Roots For Thicker Growth For A Healthier Lawn
Looking for a dependable, electric-powered lawn mower that can handle a lot of tough yard work? Look no further than our SuperHandy 2-in-1 Walk Behind Scarifier, Lawn Dethatcher! This machine is designed with a 15-inch rake path and a depth adjustment for tailored raking. Plus, it features an air boost technology with spring steel tines for maximum thatch pickup and life. Plus, it’s eco-friendly and produces no smog/fumes/emissions. It’s perfect for outdoor use, such as gardening, lawn care/light mowing, grass raking, and waste green management and landscaping.
In shopping for the best dethatchers, size is a major consideration. Although some models may be adequate for small yards, they might struggle to handle larger areas.
Manual dethatchers are often best for tiny yards or tight urban lots. The tool is easy to store, and since there’s not likely to be a lot of thick thatch, it is more than sufficient for loosening up the dead grass and leaves.
A motorized dethatcher may be the best option for mid-sized properties with at least one acre. This unit can rapidly dethatch your lawn. Most units are powered by electricity so a power source nearby is essential.
Manual and motorized dethatchers are not suitable for larger properties. A pull-behind tractor or mower can be used to scrape up the thatch on a small area.
What does a Lawn Dethatcher do?
The dethatcher can be either manual or machine that extracts the excess thatch from your grass.
Tongs made of metal or metal blades pull the thatch from the lawn. Organic matter that has accumulated on the lawn surface.
A lawn dethatcher can use a simple rake or tow-behind equipped with tines. Or a machine with blades or tines. Once the rake or scarifier pulls thatch to the surface, it can be gathered and composted “There are some advantages to having a limited amount of thatch in your turf grass Midwest Lawn Co . Eric Harbit. “A layer of thatch that is a half-inch thick or less can help to make your lawn healthy and resilient. It is possible for nutrients and water to be blocked from reaching the roots of the grass if there is too much of it. The dethatcher will allow your grass access to the nutrients and water that it needs in order to grow strong and healthy. Read on to learn the best options for your yard.
Review of 11 Top Lawn Dethatchers in 2021
If you want a garden that wouldn’t look out of place at the Chelsea Flower Show, then good lawn care is essential. You need to care for your lawn beyond regular trimming or mowing. It also includes dethatching and aerating it.
Lawn thatch is made up of old turf, roots, stems, and other organic matter that hasn’t decomposed. The matter that accumulates on your soil will form a layer, blocking nutrients from reaching the roots. You can make your lawn difficult to mow by preventing it from properly growing. Overly thick thatch can block your mower or make the grass churned.
You remove the itch from your grass so it can grow properly.
There are many options available. You can pick from either an electric lawn-dethatcher or a manual one depending on what you prefer. We review the top dethatchers based on how big your grass is.
Sun Joe 13” 12 Amp Electric Scarifier & Lawn Dethatcher is an electric dethatcher, ideal for small to medium lawns and is equipped with an adjustable depth function to tackle thatch of various thicknesses. The depth of the dethatcher can be as low as 0.4% below the soil or as high as 0.4% above it. This means you can achieve light scraping of the thatch, or dig more deeply into the soil if necessary.
It has a 12amp motor which makes it the strongest lawn dethatcher. This means that small- to medium-sized areas can be cleared quickly. This product will not work well on large lawns because of the small size of the bag. The bag can collect all the dirt and leaves, but you must empty it every so often. This bag can become a major frustration if you need to clean a large area.
AirBoost technology also comes with the Snow Joe or Sun Joe tool. The AirBoost technology preserves the steel tines’ sharpness so you can maximise thatch picking up. For collecting thatch, it comes with a dethatcher, which can be used to remove small striations from the turf, as well as a scarifying accessory. As needed, you can adjust the accessories with a wrench. You can use the electric dethatcher as an automatic start, with safety and removable collector bags.
Greenworks 14-inch Corded Dethatching Path 10-amp Motor Corded 3-Position Adjustment Stainless Stahl Tines Foldable Headles 4-Year Tool Warranty Greenworks14”10 Amp Corded Lawn Dethatcher. Check latest price Our top-selling choice is the corded 14-inch dethatcher, which comes with a 10-amp motor. Greenworks, a well-respected brand for garden tools, offers a 4-year warranty on all equipment.
Greenworks 14’’ 10 Amp Corded Garden Dethatcher, although it is cheaper than higher-priced models or the Snow Joe/Sun Joe choices, doesn’t have the same features. The cord is not long, the collection bag is small, and there’s no super-powerful motor. You can use it to remove your thatch. There are also spare stainless steel tines. The device is easy to store and folds down. The wheels are among the finest designed for electric dethatchers, and it’s very easy to move.
No automated functions so it requires considerable manual effort Will need to sweep up after use The downside of a manual model like this is that you have to put a lot of manual effort into completing the work and you will need to take a break regularly, so don’t expect it to be a quick process compared to an electric dethatcher! Also, you’ll need to collect and sweep the remaining thatch.
The 2-in-1 lawn sweeper/dethatcher can be used in transport mode. High-velocity 6 brush design with 5:1 brush-to ground ratio. Large hamper, 42 inches Sweep. 2 rows of independently flexing spring steel spring-rust-resistant tines. Check the latest price. Our top pick for best lawn dethatcher is Brinly Tow Behind 2 in 1. Brinly tow-behind Lawn Sweeper has 24 independently flexing spring steel tines. The tines are evenly distributed over two rows which makes it easier to remove the thatch.
The depth of the operation can be chosen by you without having to weight it. It can either scarify soil if it is fully lowered or dethatch the area if the wheels are raised. It is best to pass the area twice. Once to dethatch, then again to scarify. Another transport option is to lift the dethatcher completely, so it won’t contact the ground while crossing paths or on hard surfaces.
Ready-to-use tines Large collection bag High-quality heavy duty materials Adjustable height dethatcher – You can also empty the bag by simply removing the tractor seat. Although the instructions may seem complicated, this is what sets the Brinly tow apart from other tools. This is a durable, long-lasting steel which is strong and flexible in its spikes. Additionally, this model has a huge collection bag which holds approximately 20 cubic feet.
You can use a liquid dethatcher instead of using a machine and rake. It is a cost-effective alternative that uses a heavy dethatcher or requires you to work for hours. LawnStar is an environmentally-friendly liquid that can be applied to all grass types. The liquid naturally breaks down the turf.
LawnStar Natural Liquid Lawn Dethatcher can be added to either a pump-up spray or hose-end sprayers and simply applied to your lawn in the evening or early morning. The application is simple: spray onto the lawn and water fifteen minutes later. Bear in mind that you won’t get immediate results from this, it will require multiple applications over several weeks before you start to see an improvement. You will see the most improvement if there is not much dethatching.
Quick and easy to use.
We hope that we have made it easier for you to find an ideal lawn dethatcher for your garden. All of our choices for the top lawn dethatchers have the most desirable features at a reasonable price, making them an excellent choice. Our buying guide will help you find the perfect lawn dethatcher. Here’s a list of some our favorites dethatchers.
A small garden or lawn needs a low-cost dethatcher. Thus, our first recommendation is the Greenworks 27022 lawn dethatcher.
This unit is powered by an 10 amp motor, which allows for dethatching up to 14 inches in a single pass. While it is the most expensive choice, this machine offers high reliability and a long 4-year warranty.
For those looking professional equipment that can detach large areas in a relatively short time, the AgriFab 45 0295 lawn dethatcher will be a good choice. It can be used with the Agri-Fab 45-0295 lawn dethatcher. This durable, 48″ working width machine is sturdy. You get 24 heat-treated pines for the most reliable performance and rust-proofness.
We recommend the VonHaus electronic lawn dethatcher because it’s currently the most powerful and heavy-duty on the market. Although it comes at a premium price tag, the motor that produces 12.5amps of power is one of the most powerful in its class. Also, you get a 3 Year Warranty on the product.
There are many benefits to using a lawn dethatcher
Speed – Many people find the speed at which a dethatcher completes their job to be the most important benefit. It is much quicker than spending time raking the lawn or using the garden fork.
Dethatchers require no special skills to operate. It is simple to push the mower along your lawn, or you can pull the mower behind it. The dethatcher will take care of all the rest.
Great results – Your lawn will look dramatically better after a good dethatching, and that’s what matters most when you want the best lawn in town! After you have dethaxed your lawn, we recommend you apply an all-purpose fertilizer to it and then water it well.
A 15-30-15 fertiliser or a 10-10-10 fertilizer is recommended. We also recommend that you use a fertilizer spreader to ensure even distribution. These will help strengthen weak roots and stimulate new growth.
The 7 Top Electric Dethatchers in 2022
(This post may include affiliate links. Although these affiliate links will not increase the cost of your purchase, they may result in us receiving a commission to keep this website running. To learn more, please click here. Excessive thatch can cause your lawn to take on an orangeish-brownish hue with some patchy growth.
While a light thatch layer is no problem at all, too much can spell suffocation and discoloration for your lawn. An electric dethatching machine can help.
A small motor drives an electric dethatcher to turn a cylindrical of fine tines and solid blades. This removes excess thatch, dirt, and other debris. The grass is brought to its highest point by the dethatcher, who digs beneath any matted thatch. For a healthier and greener lawn, the dethatcher will remove the itch barrier.
Today you will learn about seven of our picks for best electric dethatcher. In addition to the definitions of some terms, you’ll find the answer to several common questions.
Let’s get started!
Earthwise DT71613 13 Amp 16 Inch Corded Electric Dethatcher. Green Greenworks 10A Corded 13 Inch Dethatcher. Sun Joe AJ798E 12 Amp 13 Inch Electric Dethatcher. Scarifier… VonHaus… WORX… WG850 12 Amp 15 Inch Corded Electric Dethatcher., Black
RELATED. Dethatchers may not be your only option for keeping your lawn looking neat. To learn more, check out our review of electric lawnmowers with self-propel.
Power Rake Vs Dethatcher: What’S The Difference?
Perhaps you’ve heard “power rake”, or “dethatcher,” used in the same way. Although they perform similar tasks, there is enough difference between them to distinguish the two.
The let’s get it broken down more.
A power rake uses rotating blades to slice through thatch (up to 1/2 inch deep into the soil), matted roots and other organic debris, then turns them up to the grass surface for removal. Power raking is more effective than standard dethatchers. This is a more vigorous method that can help remove overgrown or damaged trees. Power raking should not be used in excess.
A dethatcher uses thin spring tines to pull up loose yard debris and dead grass (which is “technically” not thatch). However, it doesn’t dig as deeply as a powerrake. It can pull up some thatch in the soil, but dethatchers mainly only pull up loose material sitting on the surface of the soil. Dethatching typically leaves behind a small, healthy amount of organic matter on your lawn. This is an easier treatment and you can dethatch your lawn once or twice each year.
Both of these options will effectively remove excess thatch from your grass. What you want to do with your lawn will determine which option is the best. This is how it works:
If your grass is in really tough shape and the thatch has been building up for years, a power rake is probably your best bet for tackling the problem. Renting a power-rake at a store is an option. They are heavy pieces of equipment, and typically cost around $1000+.
An electric dethatcher, such as the one we are looking at right now, is an excellent choice for seasonal maintenance.
Which Dethatcher Do You Think Is the Best?
- Brinly DT-40BH Tow Behind Dethatcher.Best Overall. Greenworks, 14-Inch Corded Dethatcher 10-amp, 27022.Runners-Up. Sun Joe AJ801E 12 Amp Electric Scarifier/Dethatcher.Best Bang for the Buck. Agri-Fab 40 in.
- Upgrade choice John Deere 40 in.
- Best Manual.
- Best Heavy-Duty.
- Best Sweeper Attachment.
Is it Good to Use Electric Dethatchers?
1. WORX WG850. … WORX WG850 12-amp 14 inch Corded Electric Dethatcher, is widely regarded for its ability to efficiently sweep lawns. A further reason is its ease of use.
What is the Best Dethatcher for You?
The battery-powered dethatchers can be taken anywhere you like, but they have a limited runtime due to the small size of the batteries. Adjustable – You should be able to customize the height setting for your dethatcher to make sure the depth is just right for your lawn.
Is it worth the effort to dethatchers?
Dethatching is not necessary for all lawns. But knowing how to correctly dethatch your lawn can make a big difference in the future of your lawn. Dethatching is a great way to keep your lawn healthy and beautiful for many years. You can maintain thick and lush grass by learning how, why, and when to dethatch..Best Dethatchers