Motorola Mg8702 | Docsis 3.1 Cable Modem + Wi-Fi Router (High Speed Combo) With Intelligent Power Boost | Ac3200 Wi-Fi Speed | Approved For Comcast Xfinity, Cox, And Charter Spectrum
- Ultra-Fast Docsis 3.1 Cable Modem – Has 4 Gige Ethernet Ports For Wired Connections. Active Queue Management (Aqm) Reduces Lag For Faster Page Loads And Enhanced Interactive Applications. Backwards Compatible With 32X8 Docsis 3.0. Supports Gigabit Speed.*
- Powerful 4X4 Wifi 5 Router – Power Boost Range Boost And Anybeam Wifi Beamforming Enable Quality Streaming Gaming And Connecting Throughout The Home. Mu-Mimo Seamlessly Manages Multiple Device Connections.
- Intelligent Mobile App – Comes With A Smart Wifi App For Easy Setup Guest Network Management Usage Monitoring Speed Testing Parental Controls Network Security Alerts And More.
- Superior But Pays For Itself – Savings Up To $168 Per Year On Modem Rental Fees With Your Internet Provider. Certified For Comcast Xfinity Cox And Spectrum And Compatible With Ipv4 And Ipv6.
- Reliability You Can Count On – A Worldwide Leader In Technology People Depend On. Comes With A 2-Year Warranty And Free Support From Our Team Of Usa Technicians.
This is the Motorola MG8702 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem + Wi-Fi Router (High Speed Combo) with Intelligent Power Boost. This modem is certified for Comcast Xfinity, Cox, and Charter Spectrum and is compatible with IPv4 and IPv6. This modem has 4 GigE ethernet ports for wired connections and Active Queue Management (AQM) reduces lag for faster page loads and enhanced interactive applications. This router also has Power Boost, Range Boost, and AnyBeam WiFi beamforming to enable quality streaming, gaming, and connecting throughout the home. The mobile app has a smart WiFi app for easy setup, guest network management, usage monitoring, speed testing, parental controls, network security alerts, and more.
Netgear Nighthawk Cable Modem Wifi Router Combo C7000-Compatibility Cable Providers Including Xfinity By Comcast, Spectrum, Cox (Renewed)
- Compatible With All Major Cable Internet Providers Including Certification By Xfinity By Comcast Cox And Spectrum.
- Not Compatible With Verizon At&T Centurylink Dsl Providers Directv Dish And Cable Bundled Voice Services
- Save Monthly Rental Fees Model C7000 Replaces Your Cable Modem And Wifi Router Saving You Up To $150/Yr In Equipment Rental Fees. System Requirements Cable Broadband Internet Service Check Your Cable Internet Service Provider Web Site For Data Speed Tier Compatibility Not Compatible With Cable Bundled Voice Services Microsoft Windows 7 8 Vista Xp 2000 Mac Os Unix Or Linux Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 Firefox 2.0 Safari 1.4 Or Google Chrome 11.0 Browsers Or Higher
- Built For Fast Speed Best For Cable Provider Plans Up To 400 Mbps Speed
- Fast Wi Fi Performance Get Up To 1800 Sq Ft Wireless Coverage And 30 Devices Connected With Ac1900 Speed (Up To 1900 Mbps) Versatile Connections 4 Gigabit Ethernet Ports And 2 Usb Ports Give You Fast Wired Connections To Your Computer Printer Game Box Storage Drive And Other Devices Modem Technology Engineered With 24X8 Channel Bonding And Docsis 3.0 Safe & Secure Includes Parental Controls And Supports Wep And Wpa/Wpa2 Wireless Security Protocols
Introducing the Netgear Nighthawk Cable Modem WiFi Router Combo C7000. This combo modem and router replaces your cable modem and WiFi router, saving you up to $150/yr in equipment rental fees. With system requirements of cable broadband Internet service and a data speed tier compatibility check your cable Internet service provider web site, this modem is not compatible with Cable bundled voice services, Microsoft Windows 7, 8, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux, Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher. This modem is built for fast speed with up to 400 Mbps and 30 devices connected with AC1900 speed. This modem is versatile with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 USB ports.
Best Cable Modem
Motorola MB7621 The most popular modem. Compatibility with most ISPs. Mobile internet connections up to 600 Mbps are possible using the Motorola MB7621. It has an eight-month warranty that is valid for two years and is easily supported.
Amazon: $90 From Walmart; $90 at Walmart. Best Buy: $80
The Motorola MB7621 supports high internet speed and reliability. It is compatible with almost every US cable internet provider, including Comcast Xfinity and Spectrum. Because it is a DOCSIS3.0 modem, the MB7621 can support plans of up to 600 megabits each second. It also has 24 downstream channels as well as eight upstream channels. It also includes a two-year warranty.
$160* from Amazon $150 from Walmart $169 from Staples *At the time of publishing, the price was $150.
The Motorola MB8600 modem is best for gigabit internet plans that allow you to purchase your own modem. It’s also affordable and comes with a two-year warranty. To guarantee gigabit speed from cable ISPs you will need a DOCSIS 3.1 Modem. The MB8600 can also be used with gigabit internet via networks using the DOCSIS 3.0 standard. Sparklight/Cable One, for instance, supports both DOCSIS 3.1 (32×8) modems and DOCSIS 3.1 modems to its GigaOne service.
Do not buy a gigabit-speed modem unless your ISP has gigabit service. The additional expense for DOCSIS 3.1modems will not pay off until you get one of these more expensive plans. Also, your ISP might offer gigabit service over fibre rather than cable. You may be unable to bring your own modem if they offer gigabit services.
It’s unlikely that the best modem for your cable internet service is something you are thinking about every day, but it’s worth considering the next time you pay your monthly bill. By purchasing your own cable modem, instead of renting equipment from your provider’s drop-off location, you will save money on internet services.
Although equipment rental charges may seem absurd, they are not a joke. Some ISPs can charge up to $14 per monthly for the use of one their modems. That cost could also increase over time. You’ll be able to pay for the cost of a cable modem with a half-year-long lower internet bill. From that point forward, the money you would dole out to your internet provider to rent a usually aging modem stays in your pocket.
What speed internet connection do you need? We’ve compiled a list of the top-rated cable modems. It doesn’t matter what modem you choose, make sure it’s compatible to your ISP. Also ensure that the device delivers speed in accordance with your service plan.
What Cable Modem Is Best?
Motorola MB7420 is the ideal cable modem for most people. This modem works with all internet providers (including Spectrum, Cox, Comcast) and delivers high speeds for most people (anyone who has an internet plan that exceeds 300 Mbps). Its two-year warranty is twice as long as the warranty for the Netgear CM500, which also performed reliably in our tests. The CM500 often costs less than the MB7420 so it is a worthwhile alternative for bargain hunters.
Netgear’s CM600 can be a good choice if you have internet speeds greater than 300 Mbps. It is also more reliable than high-speed competitors.
The best Black Friday deals on cable modems rarely include modems, however that does not mean you won’t have to spend full price if your modem is purchased in the holidays. Many of our top-rated cable modems have seen price drops, so make sure you shop around to find the lowest price.
What to Avoid
We once voted the Arris Surfboard S6183 as our best modem. Its solid performance will please most internet users who do not pay high-speed services. However, this modem is becoming harder to find. Best Buy sells the SB6183 as of writing. If you can track down the SB6183 at a competitive price, its two-year warranty also is a big plus.
All-white SB6183 is small at 5.2 x 5. x 2.21 inches. It can be placed next to your router, cable box, or other hardware that you may have. I find the coaxial cable connector a little close to the power connector. However, this will likely be an issue when you set up your modem.
The SB6183 uses a series of small vertical indicator lights. It is very simple and easy to spot. Yellow lighting might be hard to spot in direct sunshine. You can still glance at the SB6183 to determine if there is an issue with your internet connectivity.
Best Cable Modem Vs. Best Router
Modem-router combos seem to be preferred by manufacturers of home networking equipment over single cable modems. The hybrid network devices are more versatile than separate routers and modems, which makes it appealing to consider buying one. But, modem/router combos are not recommended.
First of all, a brief background. As our modem-vs. router comparison shows, these two devices have very distinct purposes. Cable modems provide internet connectivity in your home, while routers wirelessly distribute the internet connection to all of your smart-home devices, including phones and tablets. It’s not a modem that will make your internet connection reachable. You need a router.
It’s not a good idea to have the networking devices separated. You can lose both your modem and router if any of the components in a mixed device fail. Because routers are able to support new features faster, it’s easier to update individual devices. As you can see, modems are slower to evolve.
What We Do to Test the Best Cable Modems
Comcast Performance Pro Home Internet Service tests every modem. Once we have run speed tests to verify that modems can deliver their download speeds, our regular networking setup uses the modems to test reliability.
Every modem we test is hooked up in the reviewer’s house. We then use it to set up our networking system. It allows us both to check a modem’s compatibility, and also to assess its reliability. We also track retail websites for the lowest prices on modems that we have tested.
Image credit: Tom’s Book. In order to verify that the indicator lights are clearly visible on the modems we use them in homes with many connected devices (laptops, tablets, etc.). We evaluate how easy modem setup is. Since the principal reason for purchasing a cablemodem is to avoid monthly rental fees from ISPs for modems that are not yours, we also weigh how long a modem’s warranty.